Returns, Refunds and Warranty Request
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason you may return the new unused item in it’s original packaging and all it’s accessories, paperwork and tags for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase. Refunds will be less any shipping cost incurred by seller or purchaser. Refunds will be issued in to the same credit card or payment type as when purchased. Special orders are non-refundable. Used items are non-refundable and not-returnable. Items missing paperwork, tags, accessories or damaged packaging will incur a restocking fee. Restocking fees will be 20% or greater depending on what is missing or damaged.
Defective merchandise should be returned to the manufacture for repair or replacement request. We will gladly help in providing who and where to return the item. In some cases we may be allowed to do over the counter warranty replacements for items returned to our retail locations, please contact us to verify if we can offer the exchange.
Return Items: Please contact us for an RMA- Return Merchandise Authorization number prior to shipping the merchandise. The returns items should be insured and must be prepaid. Please put the RMA number, your name, address on the outside of the package. A copy of the packing slip or invoice must be included. Refunds not allowed on special orders, cut to length merchandise, line spooling, shipping and handling.
Shipping errors: If Half Hitch ships the incorrect item please contact us for a RMA and return shipping label will be issued to return the item to Half Hitch.
Merchandise Damaged in Shipping: if there is noticeable damage when you receive the item, refuse it and the shipper will return it to us.
Half Hitch reserves the sole right to refuse returns from customers who exhibit high return rates. Half Hitch also reserves the sole right to refuse orders submitted by customers who exhibit high return rates.
All shipments should be sent to:
Half Hitch Tackle
2206 Thomas Drive
Panama City Beach, FL 32408
Should you have any questions we can be reached at: 888-668-9810 toll free or 850-234-2621.
Several Manufacturers have notified Half Hitch that they will or have changed their rod warranty policies, and that existing policies will be enforced stricter. Below is summary of rod warranty polices which varies by manufacturer. A link to the manufacturers policy can be found at www.halfhitch.com/warranty. This will be updated as we learn of changes.
Due to changes in several manufacturers' rod warranty policies, effective 7/15/14 we are no longer allowed to offer warranty replacement for the following rod brands. These rods MUST be returned to the manufacturer for warranty.
- G Loomis
- St Croix
- Shimano Top Shelf-(Convergence, Clarus, Compre, Tallus, Cumara, Crucial, Talora, Tiralejo, Teramar, Tervala, Terez, Talavera). Use this form: Shimano-Rod-Warranty-Form.pdf
- All rods purchased prior to 1/01/13, rods with unusual damage ( ie.. broken below reel seat )
- All rods with excessive use or abuse
All other rod brands with proof of purchase less than one (1) year will still enjoy other-the-counter warranty for damage due to defects in material and workmanship; it does not include normal wear and tear, or excessive use or abuse.
- Warranty is limited to damage due to defects in material and workmanship; it does not include normal wear and tear or excessive use or abuse.
- A dated sales receipt is required for all warranties.
- Replacement rods will only have the warranty remaining on the original purchase or no warranty.
- St Croix, Eagle Claw, G Loomis, and some Shimano Rods must be returned prepaid to the manufacturer for inspection for warranty determination.
- Rod guides and tips are not covered by Warranty.
- Some manufacturers offer an expenditure or no questions asked exchange for original purchases for a fee.
Half Hitch Branded rods have a one year warranty against damage due to defects in material and workmanship; it does not include normal wear and tear or excessive use or abuse.
What You Can Do:
- Keep your receipt in a safe place
- Understand and learn to avoid “High Sticking”
- Avoid hits, dropping and other accidents that may damage the blank causing it to break at a later time
What Half Hitch is doing:
We will gladly enter your purchase in our computer system under your name if requested, to maintain your purchase history. We can easily reproduce a receipt when requested to verify purchase and date.
Any rod returned to Half Hitch with a dated sales receipt showing the rod is less than 1 year old and purchased at Half Hitch, if the manufacturer requires the rod to be returned for warranty determination Half Hitch will ship the rod to the manufacturer at no cost to the customer. If the manufacturer also requires a handling fee, processing fee or return shipping cost this will be the expense of the customer. Half Hitch will return these rods once per week UPS ground, should the customer prefer expedited service, Half Hitch will ship the rod at our commercial rate. Typical commercial shipping rates for rods 7 foot or less is $20-$30 for UPS ground, $30-$60 for UPS 3-day, $50-$80 for 2-day Air, and $80-$130 for next day air depending on destination. Delivery time is up to 7 working days when shipping to US west coast.
See also - Service department